- 1 How do you put BJJ on a resume?
- 2 Is Jiu Jitsu a hobby?
- 3 How do you put martial arts on a resume?
- 4 Should I put my black belt on my resume?
- 5 What are the hobbies to mention in resume?
- 6 What special skills and hobbies should I put?
- 7 What should I write for hobbies and interests?
- 8 Does volunteering count as hobby?
- 9 Is volunteering a work experience?
- 10 Does being a black belt help you get into college?
How do you put BJJ on a resume?
If BJJ is relevant to the job for which you are applying (anything LE, etc.), then by all means add it there. If not, use the space you have for what will get you the interview.
Is Jiu Jitsu a hobby?
BJJ as a hobby can be a very meaningful, passionate, and challenging pursuit, even if you are not trying to become a world champion or open your own school. The hobbyists make for good all-around training partners and they are what holds the jiu-jitsu community together.
How do you put martial arts on a resume?
- Be sure to reflect strongly on your ability to teach others as well as any training you may have in martial arts.
- Adding a quote can be a great way of personalizing your resume, assuming it comes from a credible source and reflects positively on your martial arts skills and attitude.
Should I put my black belt on my resume?
If you’re an accomplished martial artist (or just starting out), mention it on your resume. A black belt may sound like it has nothing to do with work, but it has everything to do with who you are, your capabilities, and who you will be as an employee.
What are the hobbies to mention in resume?
Examples of top 15 best hobbies and personal interests to put on a resume:
- Volunteering and community involvement.
- Learning languages.
What special skills and hobbies should I put?
Some hobbies to list on a resume include:
- Artistic activities such as painting or graphic design.
- Community service.
- Cooking or baking.
- Examples of interests.
- Exercising and healthcare.
- Outdoor activities.
- Playing an instrument.
- Team or individual sports.
What should I write for hobbies and interests?
The best hobbies and interests to put on a CV:
- Team sports.
- Club membership.
- Painting & Drawing.
- Mentoring and coaching.
Does volunteering count as hobby?
If you want to work for people and society, volunteering is the best way to do it. For example, if you take your art hobby to volunteer with the disadvantaged children in your community, you can keep up your hobby as well as give back to the society. Volunteering is more than a hobby.
Is volunteering a work experience?
A volunteer experience section is the part of your resume where you include any work that you’ve done voluntarily and without being paid. Including a volunteer experience section is a great way to stand out as a job candidate.
Does being a black belt help you get into college?
Not necessarily —many applicants may not have access to competitions or simply choose not to compete for a variety of reasons. Competing can add value to an application but so can leadership roles such as instructing, serving as a role model in your community, or service to others.